A very useful little how-to from knowyourcell.com
MobileMe is Apple's own sync service - let us show you how to set up an account on your iPad
MobileMe is a service that ensures your iPad and computers are always in sync. It updates calendars, contacts and email over the air to all of your devices so you never have to plug your iPad in again.
MobileMe also allows you to create galleries of your photos and locate your iPad if it's lost or stolen. If your iPad has been stolen, MobileMe also allows you to remotely display a message on the screen, or even wipe all the data from your iPad with one click.
So, you want to set MobileMe up with your iPad ? Here's how to do it:
- First you'll need to set up a MobileMe account. Head to the MobileMe website to do this.
- Once you've set up a MobileMe account, you'll need to set it up on your iPad. To do this, tap settings from the home screen.
- Head to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then add account.
- Select MobileMe from the type of account.
- Enter your account information (name, username, password and account description). Tap save.
- You can then select what you'd like to sync using your MobileMe account.
- You'll need to activate the 'Find my phone' feature in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings if you want to be able to find your phone when it's lost or stolen. From here, head to Fetch New Data and ensure it's turned on.
- If you already have contacts and calendars saved on your iPad, you can merge these with the MobileMe account -- you'll be asked if you'd like to do this when you set the account up.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.